Monday, May 3, 2010

Stir Fry Tofu

Last week I made stir fry tofu. This is one of my favorite meals, because besides being fast and frugal, it freezes well together. I cook this one time, and feed the family 4 times. Can't beat that!
Yes, I know this is not "authentic" stir fry. It is fast, and frugal, and all my kids eat it. Bonus, grownups like it too :)

Begin with your tofu. Cut into small cubes and place in a pan with some oil. Sautee them for a few minutes, turning so all the sides get crispy. When almost done, add soy sauce and garlic powder (I use quite a bit, but do it by taste). Mix for another minute or so so all the flavors get blended. From 1 kilo of tofu, I did 3 pans this size.




Next take your bag of mixed veggies. I use the carrots, corn, green beans mixture (this bag was 800g). Take it out in the morning and let it defrost on the counter. When it is defrosted, dump in a pan and heat gently (you can use a little oil). Splash on some soy sauce and garlic powder and voila, your veggies are done.


Finally, add your cooked rice (I used 2 cups of raw rice for this amount of tofu and veggies). I served myself (twice!) and 6 kids, and I have two big portions to put in the freezer to reheat and serve, and 2 smaller portions to reheat and serve. I can serve 6-8 kids and myself on the bigger portions, and myself plus my kids with the smaller ones. Not bad for 15 minutes worth of work standing and stirfrying.



Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment