Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Cheater's Veggie Noodle Soup

The weather was kind of cold today. I was not feeling well. The only thing I *really* wanted was some nice veggie noodle soup, but I had no energry for all the prep (and no veggies in the house). I almost went down to my local store to buy some "cup o soup" (not frugal, lol), when I came upon an idea. I'm sure it's not an original idea, it came out really well and I thought it would make a good topic for my new blog.

Ingredients:
Frozen mixed veggies (I used corn, green beans, carrots, peas)
Cooked pasta
Soup mix (I know, bad, but I use the MSG free one and honestly, otherwise it's just veggies, pasta & water)

Directions:
Cook noodles & set aside. Add frozen veggies to pot of water, boil, and simmer. Add a bit of soup mix and salt to taste. I cooked mine about 40 minutes or so. When it's serving time, put a bit of pasta in a bowl and ladle soup over.


I wouldn't say it was the best I've ever made in my life, but it was really good and the kids all ate it. It also brought back fond childhood memories of... you guessed it... cup o soup :)

No comments:

Post a Comment